While cabling/snaking does a great job of getting a line open and draining when a blockage occurs, it tends to only poke a hole in that blockage and will most likely close up again and continue to be an issue. Hydro jetting actually scrubs clean the walls of the pipe and flushes out any debris in its path, restoring the drain line to like new condition!
- Advantages of Hydro-jetting:
Smart way to save money on property maintenance. A single pipe cleaning with hydro-jetting can delay the need for another service call to clear blockages or tree roots up to four times longer than typical procedure with a mechanical snake. This reduces sewer service expenses over the long term
- Cleaning the pipe, not just unclogging. Buildup of grease, soap, and other components of sludge inside the pipe are often a precursor to recurrent sewer clogs. Mechanical snakes do very little other than punching a hole in the clog to restore flow. Hydro jetting will fully clean the pipe and restore it to new condition for a long-lasting resolution.
- Tree root removal. Hydro jetting is powerful enough, yet safe enough on pipes to cut and remove tree roots from the plumbing drain system, saving money and convince of an expensive sewer line dig up and repair. Hydro jetting the sewer line on an annual basis to maintain the root growth will continue to be a cheaper option for many years before requiring the sewer line be repaired.
- Proper storm drain cleaning. Storm drains such a downspout drains, catch basins, and driveway trough drains have a ton of dirt, silt, leaves/pine needles, and debris that tend to run off into the drain lines causing major blockages. We find storm drains to be the most neglected and usually require hydro jetting to flush out all the buildup in the drain. Mechanical snaking just swishes around the blockage and never actually properly solves the issue.
We have a drain tech that specializes in unclogging drains!
- Unclog toilets, kitchen sinks, lav sinks, laundry, and floor drains
- Clear main line blockages
- Hydro jet drain cleaning
- Storm drain cleaning
- Sewer scopes